We will be continuing the theme of the Fruit of the Spirit for Sunday morning worship.
- Dec. 2: Advent Workshop: 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. We will be making evergreen Advent Wreaths! Participants will also receive a devotional booklet to help celebrate this special season. All are welcome!
- Dec. 3: Sunday morning worship: Peace - Advent begins
- Dec. 10: Sunday morning worship: Faithfulness - Christmas Cantata
- Dec. 12: Christmas Tea, Hymns, & Communion at Mount Pleasant's Community Room at 2:00 p.m.
- Dec. 17: Sunday morning worship: Joy
- Dec. 17: Family Christmas Service led by Joyful Noize at 4:00 p.m.
- Dec. 24: Sunday morning worship: Love, special guest Christopher Smith
- Dec. 24: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 7:00 p.m.
This fall, we are spending time with the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5: "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things."
- Nov 5: Patience - All Saints Sunday
- Nov. 12: Kindness - Central State University Choir will be singing
- Nov. 19: Gentleness - Stewardship Dedication and Party
- Nov. 26: Selff-control
- Dec. 3: Peace - Advent begins
- Dec. 10: Faithfulness - Christmas Cantata
- Dec. 17: Joy
- Dec. 24: Love
Hot dogs! Ice cream! Silly games! Cornhole! Croquet! All are welcome to out fall kick off picnic at 11:15 on September 10. Join us for a good tiem on the front lawn of the church. You may want to bring a lawn chair.
It will soon be Back to School and time for our annual mission to help the children of our community. This year, at Highview 6th Grade School, due to your past generosity, we don’t need backpacks. However, we have 60 students who will appreciate assistance with their supplies. As a guideline for those who prefer to contribute, the cost of supplies is $30.00. You can place this in the offering plate. We have tubs in the Narthex and Gathering Area for supplies.
HIGHVIEW STUDENT SUPPLY LIST
1 Box of Tissues
1 Can of Clorox Wipes
1 Box of Ziploc Freezer Bags – Gallon Size
12 - #2 Pencils
6 Glue Sticks
8 Dry Erase Markers – Black
1 – 3 Subject Spiral Notebook, plastic cover (5 Star Brand only)
1 – 3 Ring Pencil Pouch (for binder)
1 Box of 12 Markers
1 Box of 12 Colored Pencils
1 PURPLE POCKET FOLDER (purple only)
We will also continue to provide Highview with the supplies for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Program. The cost per student is $6.00. With an expected enrollment of 500 students, the need is great. An example of sponsorship in this area would be five students at $6.00 each = $30.00 contribution.
Our Rummage Sale is Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m in Fellowship Hall. Proceeds will be used to help families purchase birth certificates for enrolling in Pre-K and kindergarten through our FISH Fund.